I haven’t been up to anything intriguingly new lately but there was another earthquake around here and that is the signal that it is time for more BIRD FACTS. This time: Ostriches!
- Ostriches can’t fly!
- As such, they do feel earthquakes but they live in Africa so probably didn’t notice this one
- Ostriches are the largest living birds, about 2m tall.
- That means Ostrich eggs are the largest eggs too.
- Ostriches live in the same place as lions but have not all been eaten.
- Actually, they’ve been known to kill lions when defending nests.
- Ostriches are really, really fast (~70 km/h).
- So you can’t outrun an Ostrich and you can’t outfight it.
- Ostriches do not stick their heads in sand to avoid danger, that’s a myth!
- Maybe it would work for you though? Give it a try if you ever have to face an Ostrich in combat.
I hope you enjoyed these facts!